SchoolWorks is an educational consulting group whose mission is to build the capacity of educators and educational institutions to advance all aspects of student learning and well-being. We represent a diverse client base including departments of education, school districts, charter school authorizers, charter management organizations, charter schools, district schools, K-12 service providers and foundations.
Working across the organization, the Project Assistant provides a range of critical supports to SchoolWorks staff and consultants in order to enable the achievement of the company’s Mission and Vision. The Project Assistant provides high levels of service to every member of the company’s team and client base, and demonstrates the highest levels of professionalism in the most challenging of circumstances. The Project Assistant embraces the company’s core and cultural values in all aspects of his/her responsibilities.
Project Assistant’s Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator the Project Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support: answering telephones, photocopying materials, filing, assisting with special projects, etc.
- Support a portfolio of projects by preparing documents and other materials for client facing projects (including site visit schedules, consultant work orders, etc.), making travel arrangements for staff and consultants, and maintaining project libraries in Microsoft SharePoint;
- Interact with clients, Project Managers, and consultants on a daily basis to understand project requirements and needs, and to create project specific workplans to ensure timely and accurate completion of all project tasks;
- Support the Project Coordinator and/or Business Manager with updating and maintaining information within SchoolWorks filing systems, SharePoint, Projector (SchoolWorks project management software);
- Support the Project Coordinator and/or Business Manager in maintaining SchoolWorks paperless archiving system ensuring consistency of data storage and labeling for both on-site and off-site files; includes archives of client materials and SchoolWorks financial records; and
- Maintain SchoolWorks hardware inventory.
Under the direction of the President the Project Assistant will:
- Enroll SchoolWorks employees for conferences and make travel arrangements when needed for such;
- Support the President and Director of Business Development in the development of project proposals and/or responses to requests for proposals from potential clients;
- Collect and report company data by sending out surveys, as well as collecting and document classroom observation data; and
- Plan/coordinate professional development events for staff and consultants and special client events.
The exceptional candidate will excel in the following competencies:
- Stakeholder Management: Develops strong, trusting, respectful relationships with others; is respectful to all stakeholders, even in extremely challenging circumstances.
- Planning and Execution: Manages time and resources effectively; prioritizes efforts according to organizational goals. Compares actual progress to planned milestones and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Gathers information from different sources; sifts through complexity; analyzes and synthesizes information (the big picture and details) and proposes relevant solutions.
- Achievement Orientation: Sets challenging goals and follows through to get results. Has a history of personal success and achieving excellence.
- Communication: Listens carefully; speaks and writes in a compelling way.
- Attention to Detail: Focuses on detail in planning logistics and anticipates and proactively addresses potential challenges.
- Minimum Associate Degree in education, liberal arts, or business administration preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint and Survey Monkey knowledge a plus
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Superior attention to detail
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Superior relationship-building and relationship management skills
Compensation and Location
This is a full-time, exempt position, based in Southwick, MA which will report to the Project Coordinator and President. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest. Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2019.
SchoolWorks is an equal opportunity employer.