The work of creating an affirming, inclusive, and equitable learning environment for all students begins with a plan – a plan that is rooted in data, framed by achievable goals, aligned to existing resources, and tied to measurable outcomes. The Advancing Equity Cohort was created by SchoolWorks to help schools meet this complex challenge.
As part of the Advancing Equity Cohort (AEC), your school team will join other regional school teams in a guided learning experience that results in the creation and early-stage implementation of an equity focused action plan.
The AEC is:
– A guided community of practice focused on step-by-step equity planning (needs assessment, root cause analysis, prioritization, goal setting, and strategy selection).
– Led by an expert facilitator specializing in equity-focused improvement.
– Designed to foster a lasting peer support network among school teams facing similar challenges
Move the Work Forward.
Membership in the AEC results in a custom equity-focused action plan for your school and ongoing support for early-stage implementation. Members also gain networked support for the critical systems-level thinking inherent in this work.
What is the AEC?
The Advancing Equity Cohort is a guided community of practice focused on step-by-step equity planning.
Membership from each school includes the school leader plus one additional leadership team member.
Led by an AEC facilitator, all members participate in:
– Two (2) half-day in-person workshops
– Four (4) 1-hour virtual cohort meetups
– Six (6) one-on-one coaching calls
The 2024 AEC will begin in March 2024 and continue through June 2025.
AEC member schools gain expert guidance and peer support as they develop and implement a needs-aligned equity-focused action plan