SCHOOLWORKS® Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
At SCHOOLWORKS® a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and consultants, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory, anti-racist approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
SCHOOLWORKS® abides by the following principles to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Embrace diversity, inclusion, and equity as a Core Value connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support internal thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Employ systematic efforts to maintain and elevate the diversity of our staff/consulting team and monitor ongoing progress of these efforts.
- Commit time and resources to educate our staff and consultants about implicit biases, and collectively strive to surface, explore, and change our practice to ensure equity.
- Commit to eliminate racism within our own and partner organizations.
SCHOOLWORKS® abides by the following action items to uncover system-level disparities in the schools and agencies we serve, and promote positive change:
- Provide ongoing training to ensure that all SchoolWorks representatives (staff and consultants) bring an equitable and inclusive lens to our work.
- Seek to ensure diversity within our client support teams.
- Aggregate and utilize quantitative and qualitative research related to best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion in schools to provide actionable feedback and insight to partners in education.
- Develop and present findings on programs and practices that impact diversity, inclusion, and equity to our partners in education.
- Develop and advance anti-racist practices within our own and partner organizations.
Through our work, we advance diverse, equitable, and inclusive policies both within our organization and with our partners in order to dismantle inequalities and systemic racism in school communities.