Case Study: School Quality Reviews
SchoolWorks collaborated with Cleveland Metropolitan School District (the second-largest school district in the State of Ohio) to develop a protocol for a standardized school quality review process, and conduct reviews throughout the District to inform its school performance framework.
- Support the District in gathering baseline qualitative data to inform its school performance framework
- Provide capacity-building support to District team members to facilitate annual reviews
- Work collaboratively with CMSD to design a protocol aligned to the District’s initiatives and school performance framework and principal evaluation tools
- Provide a process for supporting individual school leadership teams in prioritizing key findings to inform an action plan
- Train CMSD team members on the protocol and process to ensure consistency throughout implementation
- Provide expertise and support in the facilitation of 25-40 annual school reviews
- Increase the District’s capacity by providing ongoing professional development for CMSD staff members
- SchoolWorks and CMSD collaboratively established a standardized protocol and process for the reviews
- SchoolWorks supported CMSD in the ongoing review of all 105 District schools, with 25+ visits conducted annually
- As part of this process, each school developed a customized action plan addressing one of their most pressing needs
- The tools and processes of this engagement are posted on the CMSD website here
"CMSD appreciates the depth of our relationship with the SchoolWorks team. SchoolWorks has been responsive to the District’s success-oriented feedback, and continues to refine and improve the process with the goal of improving teaching and learning for the children of Cleveland."
- Jill Cabe, School Quality Review Coordinator