Case Study: Charter Application Decision Management
SchoolWorks collaborated with RIDE to refine its charter application process and RFP criteria, then evaluated charter applications for state board approval.
- Develop and oversee a transparent review process reflective of the growing body of knowledge about what makes charter schools effective.
- Develop a clear and consistent process for application decision management focused on eliciting key evidence from applicants
- Evaluate current application criteria against nationwide best practices
- Enhanced application tools and processes
- Expert-facilitated application evaluation leading to 1,770 quality new charter seats during the first year alone
- 100% rate of alignment between SchoolWorks recommendations and Rhode Island Department of Education authorizing decisions