Case Study: Charter Application Decision Management
SchoolWorks collaborated with RIDE to refine its charter application process and RFP criteria, then evaluated charter applications for state board approval.
- Develop and oversee a transparent review process reflective of the growing body of knowledge about what makes charter schools effective.
- Develop a clear and consistent process for application decision management focused on eliciting key evidence from applicants
- Evaluate current application criteria against nationwide best practices
- Enhanced application tools and processes
- Expert-facilitated application evaluation leading to 1,770 quality new charter seats during the first year alone
- 100% rate of alignment between SchoolWorks recommendations and Rhode Island Department of Education authorizing decisions
"SchoolWorks has the ability to zoom out and have an eye on best practices nationwide, yet apply it to the experience of a small state. They were able to make connections appropriate for Rhode Island and our charter sector."
- Pascale Pierre, RIDE Charter School Specialist