Case Study: Charter Application Decision Management
As the Louisiana Department of Education (LDE) sought to refine its approach to new charter school reviews, SchoolWorks provided both expertise and seasoned experts to support the state agency through all stages of the authorization process.
- Update the process of charter application evaluation to better consider the needs faced by students in different parts of Louisiana
- Work collaboratively with LDE to refine the rubric and criteria used to evaluate charter school applications
- Develop criteria and conduct due diligence reviews of applicant backgrounds and experience
- Provide support for LDE’s evaluation process, from the initial application review through revisions, capacity interviews, and final recommendations to the Department
- LDE’s multi-stage review process now includes an initial review of application materials, an interview with each applicant team, and a due diligence review of the applicant organization
- To date, SchoolWorks has reviewed and made more than 100 authorization recommendations to LDE, with a 90% average rate of alignment between SchoolWorks recommendations and authorization decisions made by the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education